[TowerTalk] rohn 25 and rotors

k4oj k4oj@ij.net
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 12:20:49 -0500

....for you new guys - the phenomenon of a top section with a swaed out
diagonal brace is NOT a seldom seen site....a lot of guys find out too late
that they cannot get their rotor out when it has a problem...they had
originally installed it with the top section all down on the ground and
hauled it up "in place" which is great - until the rotor went "south" (so
to speak)...

This is what originally got us interested in using long masts - we would
place the rotor at the top of the next to the top section.....the last
horiztontal cross brace at the top of the next to the top section is
immediately below the plate the wat I have done it - this means I put the
accessory shelf in upside down with the bent ears bent up - as opposed to
down...same same mechanically.....and there is no "QRM" from the
diagonals....

The little window between the top horizontal cross brace and the bottom
horizontal cross brace of the top section is a nice working area....

Just a thought....HNY 98...anyone have a flat top plate and bottom (BPC)
for some 25G?

73 de

Jim White, K4OJ
k4oj@ij.net