[TowerTalk] removal of "push-nuts"

Dennis Schaefer w5rz@cswnet.com
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 15:23:06 -0600

KLM uses "push-nuts" to secure elements to the boom on some VHF/UHF
antennas.   Elements go through the boom.  You put the push nuts  on the
end of the element and push it toward the middle, then repeat on the other
side.  They only go one way, so when you have one on each side, the element
is secure.

I have a KLM satellite antenna which I want to pack up for awhile.  Is
there an easy way to remove the push-nuts?  How about a non-destructive
way?  (Haven't checked the hardware store yet - they may be easily
replacable.)

I asked KLM, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Thanks, 73,
Dennis Schaefer,  W5RZ