[TowerTalk] Rotor Connector

Dale L. Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 18:13:32 -0600

I have in my hands a package from C.A.T.S.   It is the "quik connect".

At some point in the past, I decided it would be beneficial to put a
connector on.
My rotor just returned from Telex and looks brand new--from the looks
and length of the  parts replacement list, it is.

Before I put it up on the tower this weekend (or later this week if I
can't stand it anymore), what's the consensus of the group about
installing the connector?  Yea or Nay?

The thought of disassembling the rotor when it is in such pristine
condition really is abhorrent to me...enough so that I stopped at the
local electronics parts outlet (actually, that's it's name: Electronic
Parts Outlet) on the way home this evening and picked up some coax
seal material.

Am I making the rotor a white elephant by installing the connector?
Now that I am at the starting gate, an inline connector starts to
sound like a more reasonable alternative.

I beg your sage comments.

73,

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org