[TowerTalk] Attach ground wires to Trylon Tower?

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 08:07:34 EDT

In a message dated 98-07-05 07:47:42 EDT, ka4inm@gte.net writes:

> I was hoping to find brass lugs so I didn't have to worry about the
>  dissimilar metal problem (copper against galvanized steel).
>  snip
>    Copper and Zink (sic) (galvanize is zink (sic)) make a battery, and are
dissimilar
> metals for sure.
>  You should be using AL/CU lugs, made for copper to NON-copper contact!

      That's why most everybody uses angle adapters/beam clamps. The Andrew
ones are stainless steel and the lug attaches to them. You avoid the zinc
corrosion problem. Champion Radio Products has them for $6.75 each.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC

Champion Radio Products  --  Professional tower supplies and much more.