[TowerTalk] TH 11 " dc coil "

Michael Mraz mikemr@nwlink.com
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 23:31:06 -0000

I don't think the BN-4000 has any problems (it's a "current"
style balun, unlike the earlier BN-86 that came with the TH-7).
There are those who have run 3dB over the legal limit into
a TH-11, with absolutely no problem (except operating ethics).

I never tried the "DC coil," rain static isn't very common here
in Seattle.   73   Mike   N6MZ

----------
From:  M Kent Miller[SMTP:QCS0041@InfoAve.Net]
Sent:  Wednesday, July 08, 1998 10:53
To:  towertalk@contesting.com
Subject:  [TowerTalk] TH 11 " dc coil "

Greetings,  Has anyone used the Hy Gain TH 11 with and without the dc
coil ?  It supposedly will cut down on rain static, but I wonder if
there is really any worthwhile difference. Also, any knowledgeable
opinions on the advisability of using the BN-4000 balun supplied with
the TH 11 ?  I seem to remember hearing that they were somewhat
trouble-prone. I will probably never put more than 1 kw into it, so it
may be fine. Any info would be appreciated.  73, Kent - K4IHN