[TowerTalk] mounting barrel connectors on lightning bulkhead

stan stan@capeonramp.com
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 11:14:18 -0400

Hello Pete,

try my KISS method.

I use a 18" x 18" 3/16" aluminum bulkhead mounted over a
15" x 15" "window in the foundation.

I use N type (female to female) bulkhead connectors.
I use a 5/8" paddle bit in my makita drill to make holes.
I predrill a small 1/8" pilot hole first, then have at it with the
paddle bit.

Measure the outer diameter (OD) of the bulkhead adapter you will be
using
and get a suitably sized paddle bit.

Most every hardware store or dept store like aWal-Mart will have paddle
bits.
for about 2-3$.

Paddle bits are mostly used for wood, but federally licensed radio
amateur
operators are authorized there use on aluminum...

Of course if you have a suitable sized hole saw, use it.

Stan, WA1ECF   Cape Cod, MA   FN41sr