[TowerTalk] mounting barrel connectors on lightning bulkhead

Richard Thorne rthorne@arn.net
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 11:27:17 -0500

Go to your local hard ware store and ask for conduit hole punches.  Thats what
I used for a recent antenna project.  The punches are not cheap, I paid $25 or
so for a 3/4" punch.  But it made for a nice neat hole.  I think the investment
will be worth your while, as you'll use it over and over.

Pete Smith wrote:

> I am  adding a ground-level grounding panel for better lightning protection
> for my TOWER and ANTENNAS, and am not looking forward to drilling many
> holes for coax connectors, then reaming to size (I lack a large-enough
> drill).  What other options are out there?  Do they still make chassis
> punches to do this job?
>
> 73,  Pete Smith N4ZR
> In wild, wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia
>
> --

Richard Thorne
Amarillo, TX
Amateur Radio Station: N5ZC (previous calls, KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)