[TowerTalk] Cutting Aluminum

Scott R Detloff sdetloff@metlife.com
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:50:06 -0400

The rebuilding is about to begin after the "crash".  I've decided to build
all
my antennas from scratch, so I'm looking at some help with construction.
Since there will be a need to cut LOTS of tubing, I'm looking at a faster
way
than the tube cutter I used last time.  I will also be cutting some 1/4"
and 3/8"
plate/ bar stock that will be used for boom to element clamps.  What is
the best thing to be using to cut this?  I'm looking at a metal-cutting
bandsaw,
and have also been told a number of other things that "might" work.  Anyone
have any experience that could shed some light?

73...Scott K8DX