[TowerTalk] Elementary question - trig formula

Chuck Lewis clewis@ro.com
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 17:22:45 -0500

This is a test, right?

Pythagoras sez (from his grave): C^2 =A^2 + B^2 where C is the length of
your guy, A is the height at which you attach it to your tower, and B is
the distance out from the tower to the anchor (assuming level ground).

If I understand your question, you want to know C.

In your case, A = 45', B = 30', and C = the square root of
(30x30)+(45x45) = 54.1 feet.
That's the end-to-end guy length, not counting extra for connections,
nor accounting for turnbuckles, anchor rods, etc.

On the other hand, if you were asking something else, then I'm stumped.
anyone? ANYONE?

Chuck, N4NM
Pythagoras: What a Guy!