[TowerTalk] Rohn 25

Del Seay seay@alaska.net
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 07:04:34 -0900

KL7D has 100' of 25G with the tilt-over section at 60'. On
top is a KLM tri-bander, and above is a 40 meter beam of
some sort. This is on a city lot with compromised guying,
and in the years I've known him, it has never been a problem.
He has had it down to rebuild the KLM a couple of times,
but the tower has stood some fairly good storms with no
damage.
Rohn 25G is darned good material. The 2-way industry uses
them up to 200' with large co-linears on top. (A DB-228 is
40 feet long and weighs around 130 lbs), and if you cruise
around your local area, you'll probably see some of these in use.

Most failures come from poor deadmen or other guying failures.
Do the guying right, and you'll have a good system for my
lifetime.
de KL7HF