[TowerTalk] one antenna 2 stations

Joe Subich, W8IK w8ik@ibm.net
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 20:53:16 -0500

At 10:15 AM 3/25/98 -0500, K9RB wrote:

>Using two control boxes in parallel definitely will not work
>because of the paralleling of motor start capacitors and position feedback
>resistance's. Also the backfeeding of the Brake and motor run voltages would
>most likely cause damage to the control box circuitry and/or the rotor
>itself.

Using the control boxes in parallel most definately WORKS if handled
properly.  I used parallel T2X/HAM-4/HAM-M control boxes for several
years in the late 70s and eraly 80s.

First, I did not connect terminals 4/8 on either control box ... my
motor run capacitors were all relocated to weatherproof boxes at the
tower top.  The remaining six wires were connected in parallel ...
If the motor run (phase shift) capacitor is not relocated to the
tower top, connect terminals 4/8 on only ONE control box.

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W8IK  ex-AD8I
       <w8ik@ibm.net>

"Hindsight is an exact science."