[TowerTalk] Launching dipoles

Arthur Moe kb7ww@chatusa.com
Tue, 19 May 1998 03:52:32 -0700

Wrist Rocket (sling shot) and a fishing pole do a great job.  If the pole
comes apart more better. The way I do it if alone Make a hole it the
ground for the but of the pole and point it at what I'm trying to get it
over. If Right handed stand to the right of the pole and just to the back.
For a weight I use 1 oz cannon ball.  Aim high and let the line settle on
to the limb.  Take the weight off and tie an your line then just reel it
back
in.  If I have help I have the helper hold and point the pole.  This method

has worked to over 100 ft in large fir trees.

Art
KB7WW