[TowerTalk] TX-455 raising ideas

Dick Flanagan dick@libelle.com
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 22:13:56 -0800

From: K7LXC@aol.com

>In a message dated 98-11-03 10:35:25 EST, aa2gs@isoc.net writes:
>
>> and secondly how can I mount my polyphaser isolater
>> for the rotor control cable?
>
>      At your Single Point Ground system which should be at your cable
>building entry. Are you building a ground system or just installing the
>isolater? A ground system is worthwhile while just installing the isolater
>without a ground system is mostly a waste of time and money.

When I installed my tower and grounding system, I bugged two good friends
(and PolyPhaser engineers) for help every step of the way.  On the subject
of the number and position of lightning protectors for coax and control
cables, their response was:

Coax:  Three suppressors per cable.  One at the top of the tower, one at
the bottom of the tower where it makes the 90 degree bend to go to the
shack, and one at the ground window entering the shack.

Control Cables:  Two suppressors per cable.  One at the top of the tower
and one at the ground window entering the shack.

I don't have any pics of the tower suppressors, but those on the ground
window can be seen on my website under
http://www.qsl.net/w6old/antenna.html.

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/cvrc/