[TowerTalk] BEATING THE TOWNSHIPS & SCHOOL BOARDS

Bill Turner, W7TI wrt@eskimo.com
Sun, 08 Nov 1998 23:47:18 GMT

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998 14:49:50 -0500, wf3w@juno.com (Phil Isard) wrote:

>I thot this anecdotal adventure mite prove illuminating, perhaps hopeful.
>
>I live with about 220 acres behind my house. It is owned by the local
>school board, 1 of the, very few, remaining dictatorial - despotic? -
>completely autonomous bodies of power in our democracy. I have been using
>their ground, for parts of my antenna farm, for 10 years.
<snip>
You're bent out of shape because you got caught trespassing on
property that's not yours?  And not just trespassing, but installing
more or less permanent fixtures without permission???  Consider
yourself damn lucky. What's next - putting up a repeater antenna on a
city-owned tower because "nobody's using that particular spot"?   Guys
like you give ham radio a bad name.

73, Bill W7TI