[TowerTalk] Connectors for 75 ohm hardline

Peter J. F. Shaw k4ldr@sunco.com
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 19:26:25 -0500

Hey Bill N4ZI and others interested in 1/2 and 3/4 hardline coax
PL259s:

AD4KT Charlie Davis, Woodland Creek Antennas in Jefferson, GA
manufactures PL259 coax plugs for 1/2 and 3/4 inch hardline.   He is a
physicist at the Univ of GA.   His price is about $8 for the 1/2 inch
and $13 for the 3/4 inch.   These are very nice product for CATV
hardline and I have one in my hand.  His connectors are the
appropriate size brass compression copper tubing fitting machined to
fit the PL259.  Solder the center conductor, apply Pentrox to
aluminium /brass surface contact area,  tighten the compression
fitting and you are done!

You may contact Charlie at  706-367- 8069
cdavis@hal.physast.uga.edu

11 Old Pendergrass Rd.
Jefferson, GA  30540

I have no financial relationship with Woodland Creek Antennas; just a
satified customer.  But I did know Charlie when I resided in the
Atlanta area until 1995.  He has quad kits for 2 meters and 70 cm that
are killers, with reasonable prices too.

73  Pete Shaw