[TowerTalk] full body harness ---> full body massage needed!

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj@ij.net
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 19:41:48 -0400

Yesterday I wore a new full body/fall arrest/harness for the first time.

I could NOT get comfortable in it, at all!

I suspect there is something I am missing in the adjustment of its
operation.

I cannot get the seat to land in the right spot on my butt to make me feel
like it is supporting me when I am belted in.  There is too much weight
being transmitted to the belt which is landing high on my body.

I came down the tower with sore kidneys, this has gotta be wrong.

I am used to about thirty years worth of having something tightly wrapped
around my waist - at my "belt height"...where there a large mass of
bones.....this however seems to be asking that it cinch down above my waist
and below my rib cage....if the unthinkable were to happen I may not
fall....but I sure as heck would have my innards squeezed!

It is a Kelin full body fall arrest harness.....it has shoulder straps with
a fall arrest ring in the middle of my shoulder blades...there is the
"belt" which seems to land in the wrong spot.....there are four d-rings,
two attach to the "seat" (which does not land in the right spot on my
butt)..and the other two are on the belt.....and there are two leg straps
which at times ride a little too far North for my liking (as in voice
changing pitch!).

If you wear one of these and have tips on its adjustment I would appreciate
your thoughts......the owners manual that came with the belt, while thick,
not only does not picture the one belt in the box, but does not address the
methodology of adjusting one of these suckers to fit a 6'3" fat old man -
halp, I got a lot of antenna work to get done quickly, see below!

73,

Jim, K4OJ
k4oj@ij

One  month until Sweepstakes CW, make sure you work me so you will not miss
the elusive South Floirda multiplier!

Proud member of the Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:
http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:
http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm