[TowerTalk] FT-990 tip.

Ron Pierce rpierce@trxinc.com
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 09:42:44 -0500

If your FT-990 otherwise working properly ceases to show fwd and reflected
power in those switch positions here is the solution. On the RF board
replace diodes D1063 and D1057.  This will cure the problem. ECG-519s work
just fine or you can pay 2 or 3 times as much and get the diodes from the
mfg. The diodes I bought were just over a buck so got 4 so I will have 2
spares.  By the way replace the diodes even if they check good front to
back.
Why did the diodes go ? In my case up to now I have been too cheap to get
any sort of lightning/electro-static protection. That is in the process of
being corrected.
Thank heaven all that went were 2 buck apiece diodes and not something like
final
transistors or worse.
Good luck
de NI0L