[TowerTalk] SB1000 BANDSWITCH

Russ Ellsworth russcwv@cyberhighway.net
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:36:23 -0600

Being as mentally challenged as I am, I have had to repair the
bandswitch on my SB 1000 TWICE..both caused by not haveing sufficient
any Ham magazine for phone no.) They sent me a new bandswitch. I removed
contact sets from the new bandswitch by drilling out the rivets and
replacing the burned contacts on the last wafer of the SB1000 switch.
4-40 stainless hardware worked great and is still working. I've had no
problems since I marked the Load control with where I wanted the loading
to be and no lower!! This technique is easier than total replacement. As
a two time loser, I recommend it!! An additional nice feature is that
you will have enough contacts to repair the same problem at least three
times!!!
Regards,
Russ Ellsworth WA6CWV, Boise Idaho