[TowerTalk] Extended Double Zepp Problem

Thomas R. Williams n2cu@buffnet.net
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 12:31:56 -0700

Fellow TowerTalkers,

Thanks for the replies so far. My desired use is to have two, single
band EDZ's so that I can change bands quickly without having to tune
(plus I don't have a tuner). Maybe the ARRL Handbook was not so far off
base by calculating the leg length as 630/f or 177' 6" @ 3.55 MHz. I'll
go outside right now and add 9' to each leg and see what happens. The
MFJ-249 I'm using only reads SWR (it isn't the B model).

BTW, just got my GAP Challenger back up for 40m and 80m DX'ing. Out of
curiousity, I checked signal strengths on 20-15-10 compared to my old
TH6DXX I just put up this past weekend at 50'. I thought I had a fair
signal on those bands before because I have done well in contests and
worked quite a bit of DX....well, the TH6DXX is about 4 S units better
on all bands into Europe. Imagine that!

73,
Tom N2CU