[TowerTalk] Re: ATR30

w8ji.tom w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 10:17:36 -0400

> >Does anyone have good or bad experiences wit the new Ameritron ATR-30
> >transmatch?   I'm in the market for a new transmatch that will handle
high
> >power.  I've read previous posts, and looked in the archives, but didn't
> >see anything about this particular unit.
> >Would be most interested in any comments people would care to make.
> >Thanks for the help.
> >Stan - K6VWE

Hi Stan,

I can't figure out which e-mail address in the heading is yours!

I use a few of them here, and have been using one since last fall. You
should get a manual from Ameritron and look at it for details before buying
the tuner.

The ATR-30 easily handles 2500- 3000 watts RF output, even on 160 and CW.
It has a large edge wound silver plated roller and large caps (over 500 pF)
in a T network with a 3 kW wattmeter that *really* reads peaks.

I just corrected an ad for it, so it should appear in ads soon. The manual
is more detailed and has much less hyperbole.

73 Tom