[TowerTalk] Re:Cushcraft (and Other Customer Srvc.)

donald.s.tucker@exgate.tek.com donald.s.tucker@exgate.tek.com
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:04:52 -0700

Good point Steve. Excuse the following but just can't help it. One shot!

Expectations of buyers and sellers are too often at odds.  Unfortunately,
customer expectations today for instant service are fueled by the new
environment provided to by such things as the Internet.  The most important
thing a company can do for a customer, whether communicating with a message
machine or a human, is to provide assurance that they believe the query is
important, and if instantaneous response is not possible (or appropriate),
when the caller should expect a response.  Then meet the standard. Don't
tell me you will call me tomorrow if you don't mean it.  If you don't have
the answer, call me and tell me.  At least I know you care and are working
on the problem.

Customers all carry in their head an invisible report card, a grading system
with a company name on it and this information is very often shared with
other customers.  Unfortunately, some report cards get filled out and the
information shared before the class is over (and in some cases, before it is
even started).  This happens too often on several of the ham radio
reflectors (my personal opinion).  I wish more of you who have had good
experiences with companies who supply us with our equipment and parts would
share this information too.

When some company (or person in a company) does not meet your standards,
think about (and enlist help-this will test your position) how to convert
(enlighten, etc) the company or person before castigating them before the
world.

I have learned a lot since getting active on the bands again through signing
up to the reflectors of interest to me.  In antennas and a few other areas,
it's clear that some black magic still exists, despite what the texts say.
Your sharing differences of opinions through experience and the debates on
theory have more than once shown me how to address a problem which might
have more than one solution or approach.  Thanks, but keep it from turning
personal.

'nuff on that.

Anyone know a good low cost source of antenna wire in the NW (where
Oregonian's don't tan, but rust).

Don W7WLL

Snip