[TowerTalk] Opinions on Tower permission issue....

Ragnar Otterstad otterstad@inet.uni2.dk
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:47:43 +0100

It is easier to get forgivness than permission !  (  This is not inferring
anything political !!!  Hi )

: > So, here are the possibilities:
: >  1> Put the tower up without contacting the town.  Let them come to me
and
: > complain.

That is what I did.  In addition I have painted EVERYTHING,
tower,antennas,rotor, cables
with olive green paint - same colour as used on military vehicles.(
Camuflage if you will !)

G4BUE told me that he had sprayed some brownish pattern over the green,
really like a military thing
and got away with his Versatower that way.

My tower has been up 7 years now !
:
:       The only way you'll get in trouble is if someone complains.

YES

I had to buy a new TV antenna for a neighbour to get him on UHF instead of
VHF and that cured it.
The whole thing costed me less than 100 dlrs, which I think was a steal !
Hi

73 es GL

Rag  OZ8RO