[TowerTalk] Concrete Problem

George, K3GP k3gp@bigfoot.com
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:30:53 -0500

Towertalkians:

   The backhoe guy finally arrived yesterday and dug the holes for my guy
anchors.

   I know from earlier towertalk postings that pouring concrete into a hole
with standing water is a no-no; However, one of my anchor points
appears to have been located directly in the path of a low-volume
underground spring. The backhoe guy, with many years of experience, suggests
that I inform the redi-mix people about the problem and they will deliver a
very stiff mix and pour that hole first. Afterwards, they can add water to
the stiff mix before pouring the remaining anchors.

   Has anybody done this? Any concrete gurus out there with helpful
suggestions?

Thanks,
George - K3GP