[TowerTalk] 40M Beam Height

Bill Hider, N3RR n3rr@erols.com
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 21:26:14 +0100

Tom,

That's fine, but I was merely questioning why he wanted to put the 40 at
125 ft instead of his stated maximum tower/mast height of 135 ft.  He's a
DXer, not a contester, so I felt that he isn't interested in a
"compromise" tower height location to work EU at sunset (as you correctly
describe below.). He can work this with a wire or has already got most of
EU confirmed. (Unlike constesters who need to work everything again and
again with each contest...)

Maybe his "125 feet" was a typo.  I was hoping to gleen that if that was
the case.

btw, the only time I use the lower antenna alone is during afternoon/early
evening EU openings.  The other times I use the stack (134/67) or split it
in two different azmiuths.

Bill, N3RR