[TowerTalk] C-3 VS C-3S

MAERTZ, A REID amaertz@oppd.com
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 09:36:00 -0500

Greetings to all:

In researching Force-12 I note the stated difference between a C-3 and
C-3S as a 1.5 mhz bandwidth on C-3 vs. a 1.1 mhz bandwidth on C-3S on 10
meters; also a higher swr on the C-3S on 12 meters (4:1 vs. 3.2:1).
There also are some differences in gain and f/b ratio, but these appear
to be reasonably insignificant.  Given the advantage of the smaller size
of the C-3S when compared to the C-3, it seems hardly worthwhile to go
with the fullsize C-3. Is this a reasonable assumption?

I'd really appreciate hearing from those who've used the C-3S and/or
those who have seen on-the-air comparisons of the two antennas.  I'm
considering replacing a TA-33 on a 40 foot tower (I know...many of you
consider ANYTHING as being an impovement over the TA-33!)

Thanks a lot for your time and responses.

Reid
W0FVR