[TowerTalk] WTD: Create Rotator Repair Parts

Jim White, K4OJ Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj@ij.net
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 10:46:59 -0400

Heah Dave,

...you asked for it you got it....

I have been looking for the following gearbox, it will be part of the
current prop-pitch rotor project.

Perhaps you can point me to a source - I thought I could find it in
association with a lawn tractor but nil...then tried golf cart guy - zip...

What I am looking for is a "T" gearbox, similar to an automotive
differential.

I will be attaching the pro-pitch motor to the vertical shaft in the letter
"T"...actual this will be rolled onto its side so that the top of the "T" is
vertical.

The two rotating shafts will go up and down.  The upper one obviously will
go to the antenna mast, and the lower shaft will drive a selsyn for
indication.

The hard part I am having is in finding a "T" - box with a 1:1 ratio....I.e.
the two output shafts turn at the same RPM as the input.

Since you started things I will once again tap the Towertalk collective
knowledge database...anyone out there have a place I can look...

p.s. - yes I tried WW Granger and they want an arm a leg and a first born
male, so - I am hoping to find something in a junk yard for some sort of
power equipment.

CQ T-Box CQ T-Box de
Jim, K4OJ
k4oj@ij.net

Florida QSO Party 1999 is April 24 & 25...don't miss it!

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:
http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm

"Consider the fact that you can buy an entire washing machine for less than
the price of the heaviest antenna rotators." W6NL

Proud member of the Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:
http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm