[TowerTalk] Concrete Base Experts

Hank Lonberg Hank.Lonberg@Harrisgrp.com
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 09:15:00 +0100

     Bill:

     Yes you can do this. It involves drilling and grouting (expoxy)
     reinforcing dowels into the existing footing and incorporating the old
     foundation into the new foundation design. In most cases, if the
     existing footing is at grade level the new one will be partially above
     grade. I would get your local P.E. to fix one up for you as the local
     officials will likely get their "knickers in a knot" over this.

     73
     Hank Lonberg P.E.

     -  Hank Lonberg, KR7X
     -  E-mail:  hlonberg@europa.com or hank.lonberg@harrisgrp.com
     -> Team Pantelleria - IH9P - African Italy - CQWW DX SSB
     -> http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/eudora/126/ih9p.html

_________________________________
Subject: [TowerTalk] Concrete Base Experts
Author:  "Bill Fisher - W4AN" [SMTP:w4an@contesting.com] at CORPORATE
Date:    4/12/99 1:28 PM

I have a Rohn-45 tower that I am going to replace with LeBlanc & Royle
tower in the near future.  The Leblanc tower is much bigger than the
Rohn-45.

I sunk the Rohn in to the ground.  Now I need to use a pier pin with the
new tower.  I'm wondering if it is safe for me to cut the Rohn-45 off and
pour a slab over the top of the current base for use on the new tower?  I
could use part of the 45 base as rebar for the new concrete.

Thanks for any advice.

73

Bill