[TowerTalk] (no subject)

Michael D. Ihry mihry@argontech.net
Mon, 02 Aug 1999 19:31:28 -0500

In a message dated 8/1/99 10:22:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jlangdon@outer.net writes:

<< I have some of both but would use Bury-Flex throughout next time.

 73 John N5CQ >>

Rod and John,
   Thanks for your interest and comments.  We sell both LMR and
"Bury-Flex"
Tm (a design of DAVIS RF Co.).  It makes no difference to me which we
sell.
I just want to be sure that the application is considered so I can best
advise the customer.

   When you sit grasping one end of prox.  2.5 feet of Bury Flex and
same
length of LMR400, you will see a bit more flexibilty in the Bury-Flex Tm
when
you alternately move the other end of the cables back and forth.  They
are
both made of similar Polyethylene compound jacket (PE is buriable, PVC
is
not, in any case).  Strength and bend radius is basically the same.
Same as
to power handling.

   Attenuation-wise there is no difference to speak of in the two, below
1
Ghz ( oneth or two tenths of a dB, here or there).  And, if you go to
LMR
500, you only gain .16 dB at 30 MHz (most of our ham inquiries are for
HF)
and LMR 500 requires special connectors, obtainable from us via Times or
one
of our quality suppliers such as RF Industries (RFI).

  Now, if you plan to operate above 1 GHz, that's another story and we'd
be
glad to advise anybody ref. LMR, Bury-Flex, Heliax and other options.

I think that this also points out that "Bury-Flex" is not only very
practical for burying only.  Have a crank up???   It makes and excellent

coil, similar to the red "Nycoils" you see on the news truck elevating
masts
(we provide the internal cabling for one of the prime Nycoil builders).

  NOTE:  Bury-Flex Tm has been a VERY popular product for many years,
sought
out by dealers as well.  "Bury-Flex"'s  suggested List price is pretty
much
equal to most companies selling LMR 400.  We sell LMR 400 at about 8
cents
below the general cost out there (our ham customers get the same prices
as
commercial co's.).  So, you can save a small amount on LMR400, or check
with
your local dealer about Bury-Flex Tm and save on the shipping, whichever

helps you the best.  Cheers,  Steve Davis,  K1PEK.

---------------------
DAVIS RF Co., commercial wire and cable, custom cable design.  Discounts
hams.  Heliax, LMR, RFS, Belden, Poly Phaser Lightning Protection
Devices.
Various aerial wiring; transmission lines, insulators, baluns, RF
connectors
and Dacron rope.  www.davisRF.com .  1-800-328-4773, (For all RF
hardline
related items, please ask for Steve Davis)   Thank you!
"The Triad":  Davis RF Co.; Orion Wire Corp.; and The Wire Man, Inc.:
Variegated expertise; resources and buying power yielding numerous
quality
products at highly competitive pricing.