[TowerTalk] Tribander and 6M Yagi: Additional Sanity Check Sought

Earnshaw, Darrell darrell.earnshaw@sap-ag.de
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 20:00:43 +0200

Greetings,

I'd like to thank Bill for raising the question about the spacing (and
orientation) between a 6-meter beam and a tri-bander. I would also be
interested in hearing the responses, as I'm just grappling with the same
dilemma.

I have just (last weekend) put up a two and six meter beam at the top of the
mast. (9-ele 2-meter right at the top and a M2 6M5 two-and-a-half feet below
it.) The intention is to place my trusty TH7DXX seven-and-a-half feet below
the 6M5 - the maximum separation I can get as that puts it just above the
thrust bearing.

If possible, I'd like to get a sanity check that the HF beam won't be
affected by the 6-meter, and that the 6-meter will be not affected by the
2-meter. (If there's interaction in the reverse direction, I'm not that
worried, as HF operation is my primary concern, with 6-meters being an
experiment, and 2-meters... well, I had that antenna laying around
collecting dust, so I thought that I'd throw it up!) If there will be
problems, at least I'm currently in a position to take the 2/6 meter
antennas down before the TH7 goes up.

Any guidance or comments would, as usual, be greatly appreciated.

73, Darrell.
NR3Y.