[TowerTalk] Unequal guy tensions

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:33:46 -0500

>By the way, these 6 guys put a downward force of
>1500# on the tower.

I had always wondered about that! (I was very bad at math in school)
Many thanks, Brian. Does each guy exert the same downward weight
regardless of its length, or do longer guys produce more? Does the
size and weight of the guy wire used enter into the formula?

I have a 193 (Rohn 25) tower with 3/16 EHS guys every 30 feet.
The guy posts are 156 feet from the tower.  There are very large
(Rohn 502) insulators every 50 feet.  What would be the weight on
the bottom set of bolts on the tower base?

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC