[TowerTalk] Re: The Ultimate One Tower System

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 13:13:11 EST

In a message dated 99-12-16 19:49:59 EST, k2av@contesting.com writes:

> >      Great idea but F12 says that 37 foot spacing is really the minimum;
>  >they'd prefer more for these longboom antennas.
>
>  >Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
>
>  That's what I've heard they say. HOWEVER, if you model a pair of C31XR's in
>  EZNEC, to allow element interaction, rather than the abbreviated method
used
> in
>  TA... then...
>
>  ONLY the 20 meter forward gain is better at 37 feet + , nothing else. The
> rest
>  of the optimums fall near 30 feet. And at those stacking distances, one is
> not
>  off  20 meter gain optimum all that much. I would love to see the
> particulars on
>  how Tom came up with the 37 foot minimum.

       Good thought. Natan, W6XR, has some of the data that he may be willing
to share.

      The 30 foot spacing (I think) is what WX0B came up with too. He gave a
VERY interesting talk on spacing at Dayton this year. Maybe he can enlighten
us.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech