[TowerTalk] 50:75 ohm transformation

Mike Lamb n7ml@imt.net
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 16:56:10 +0000

Hello Eric,

I agree with you.  I think the bottom line is that the reason for using
1.5:1 UNUN's is to keep your transceiver foldback circuit from reducing
power and to help keep your lines flat to near 50 ohms so that you can
switch from your dummy load to any of several different antennas without
having to re-tune your amplifier.

73/Mike, N7ML