[TowerTalk] Problems with YAESU Rotor

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:15:50 EST

> The clutch would only let loose in dangerously high winds. I'd rather
> replace a
>  coax connection then worry with a tower twisted down--I think it would be a
>  little cheaper.

      Regardless, nothing like that is available. The system isn't going to
fail because the antenna twists the tower enough to make it collapse. If your
antenna spins and severs the cables anytime except when you've got the time
and the wx is fine (as opposed to the normal scenario of 'the contest starts
in 15 minutes and it's 30 degrees and the wind is blowing'), you'll wish that
the antenna/rotator had stayed put and not created the failure.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC