[TowerTalk] PL259 - KINGS THE BETTER ??

Gian Luca Cazzola glcazzola@iol.it
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 15:08:22 +0100

Some months ago I bought from Surplus Sales of Nebraska about 30 PL259:
within five months I will go in my new home andI will install tribander and
other wire
antennas so I should change a lot of cables and connectors in antenna
sistem.
I bought the Kings PL-259A that SSoN said were considerd the better.
I have always used Amphenol PL259, those with yellow phenolic insulator and
always without problem.
Now, I am not sure that this Kings plugs, in three parts and with bakelite
(I think) insulators are really better; they are silvered and new, but they
seem "old" for the use of an old material as bakelite.
What do you think abot them?
Is here on the reflector somebody using them?
Thanks es 73.
Ian IK4EWX