[TowerTalk] Need Softwave Rcvr Info`

Jim Reid jreid@aloha.net
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:02:06 -1000

Aloha,

A few years ago,  at Dayton,  I purchased an "in the computer"
rcvr.  Have not had it set up in a long time.  Decided to play with
it some more,  but cannot find the manual!!  Have the board which
goes in the computer,  the external rcvr box,  and the software
disk.  My problem is basic.  The board in the computer has
four small plug in sockets on the back in addition to the
large socket for connection to the external rcvr.

I have forgotten what goes in/comes out from the sockets
on the back of the PC card!  One is to go to a headphone
or loudspeaker,  and not sure what the others were for.

The external box is powered from the PC,  the only other
connection to it is from the antenna.

Unfortunately,  just a few months after Dayton that year, '94
I think,  the producers of this rig,  ComFocus,  had an internal
business strategy rucuss,  and,  in time ceased operation,
and left the business!!  So no  way to contact them.

Anyone out there have any info on this rcvr?  Wonder if anyone
else,  other than a couple of us bought one;  one of you out there
has,  as later you sent me V1.1 or the software,  but have long
lost the call/name of the supplier.

73,  Jim, KH7M
On the Garden Island of Kauai