[TowerTalk] Tower grounds near Underground Utilities?

Dale L. Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:49:30 -0600

>be sure to call your local Miss Utility (Call before you dig
center)
>They will have each utility come out to your location and first
>mark their facilities and second discuss any special
considerations
>that need to be met when dealing with your initial dig for the
>tower base and also and bonding and or grounding of your/their
>facility.

I've called them out twice.  After the second time, I painted the
fence at the points where the lines (telephone, electric, gas)
entered the yard.  I also painted (gas=green; electric=red;
telephone=yellow) a dot on the house (near the slab) where in
line with that run from the fence.  Works great.  Just need to go
out and respray it once a year or so.

73,
dale, kg5u