[TowerTalk] Tower grounds near Underground Utilities?

LYN designserv@ipass.net
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 22:10:33 -0500

> >be sure to call your local Miss Utility (Call before you dig
> center)
> >They will have each utility come out to your location and first
> >mark their facilities and second discuss any special
> considerations
> >that need to be met when dealing with your initial dig for the
> >tower base and also and bonding and or grounding of your/their
> >facility.
>
> I've called them out twice.

They can be WRONG.  I also called them out twice, about a year
apart.  The first time, the guy traced and marked some lines that
the second guy missed a year later!

The reason the second guy  missed was that the lines travelled to
the edge of my property, went across the edge about a foot, then
curved back on and tracked right thru the important area.
The second guy followed it only to the property line and did not
bother to follow it to see whether it curved back on.  It was my
240v main, which could have killed me if I had not remembered
that the first guy had traced it back on and through the area I
needed to drill.

Lyn, W4WDN