[TowerTalk] Tower grounds near Underground Utilities?

Jonathan Kaplan jonk@jskent.com
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 23:52:13 -0800

I had to step in and say STOP! Everyone is off on some
tangant which has nothing to do with what I originally ask.

What I originally wanted to know was how close to the Tower's
base and grounding rods I could have the electrical and gas
mains to the house without a lightning strike jumping from the
rods through the ground to the wiring and piping.

In other words, how much ground is necessary around a ground
rod to safely dissapate a lightning strike? If someone knows the
answer, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks
Jonathan KO6XS