[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 anchor query

alsopb alsopb@gloryroad.net
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:45:28 +0000

Guys (no pun intended).

I'm trying to determine the size of the "deadman"
concrete block the anchors go into.

Please check that I am doing this correctly.
According to the 70mph guying figure a 70' tower
requires an inner anchor that restrains 1290
pounds horizontal and 1120 pounds vertical.  The
Rohn drawing on "standard concrete anchors" shows
with 3 ft depth on the anchor a 2x2x1 foot deadman
can handle 1320 pounds horizontal and 2000 pounds
vertical.
This appears to meet the requirements.

Is this the correct interpretation of the specs?

Another question on digging this hole.  It appears
that one has to dig a rectangular hole for the
block and a slot for the anchor rod.  Is this
correct?

The rebar configuration isn't too clear from the
diagram. It appears from the diagram that the
rebars go only into two faces (top and side
towards the tower) and none on the other four.
Are these L-shaped rebars or straight pieces?

Brian/K3KO