[TowerTalk] N4KG: ALIVE and WELL

T A RUSSELL n4kg@juno.com
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 22:21:15 -0600

Hello  TowerTalkians -

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated!

I've been busy walking and exercising 6 days / week following
triple by-pass surgery  March 25,  1999.  This was not totally
unexpected, the time just came where by-pass was my best
course of treatment.  I'm feeling fine and doing well.

The procedure is well refined with very high success rates
at hospitals where it is done routinely.  There was some
short term "discomfort" but I never experienced serious pain.
After 4 months, it is obvious that I have much more energy,
strength, and endurance than before the procedure.

FWIW, I strongly recommend everyone over the age of 40 years
have a baseline stress test and blood LIPID porfile (HDL,
LDL, Triglycerides, and Total Cholesterol).  I suspect most
Americans have coronary artery disease to some degree.
The only question is to what degree.  It is far better to learn
the answer BEFORE a heart attack.   Heart disease can be
treated and even reversed in some cases.

If you feel pain or pressure in your chest, or a radiating pain
in the jaw and / or arm, get yourself to an Emergency Room
ASAP.   New clot buster drugs can stop a heart attack or at
least prevent / reduce permanent heart muscle damage IF
you get to the ER within a few hours of the onset of a heart attack.

End of sermon.

My disappearance from TowerTalk last December was actually
due to an overloaded inbox and too little RAM (16 Meg).

Last December, my computer  would no longer download
e-mail since my inbox was choked with 7600 messages.
Expanding the RAM to 48M solved that problem.  I'm now
down to 4000 messages in the inbox, half from AMPS.
Too bad JUNO only allows handling messages individually.

Glad to be back, but it's  TOO   HOT   to  be working on antennas!

de   Tom   N4KG