[TowerTalk] Stainless Steel Bolts Revisited

Robin Midgett rmidgett@edge.net
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:56:38 -0600

There is a company called Chicago Hardware that makes a fair range of SS
hardware, U-bolts that fit Rohn 25 & 45G tower legs, for instance. McMaster
Carr is a distributor, or call your nearest nut/bolt/washer/fastener
dealer...they may very well carry the Chicago Hardware line. Keps nuts
instead of nylon lock nuts will keep SS bolts from galling.
Chicago Hardware & Fixture Company
                               9100 Park Lane
                            Franklin Park, IL 60131
                                (847) 455-6609
                             Fax: (847) 455-0012

At 10:27 PM 2/28/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Thought we came up with an inexpensive source for SS #304 and #316 SS
>harware, but cant locate it in the archives. Anybody know where to buy
>that stuff inexpensively? Taking apart a used antenna that I picked up
>and almost all the hardware is galled from either over tightening or
>aluminum corrosion, leaving me no choice but to replace it. Got a ton to
>buy, so a cheap source is needed.
>Thanks,
>Bob, K3GT
>
>--