[TowerTalk] Wire Antennas

Ted Leaf tleaf@hotmail.com
Tue, 04 May 1999 17:16:19 PDT

Well Guys,

To end this annual Spring bee thing, I am starting a new thread.

Being that Field Day is coming up, our sister club in Hilo is going to use
what they think is the greatest wire antenna invented by man: the Carolina
Windom.

I have heard about this antenna, but don't know much about it.  I have built
dipoles, G5RVs, double extended Zepps; but not the Windom.

Can you give comparisons on these antennas and the pros and cons of each.

I would like instructions on how to build the Carolina Windom for 80-10M.
The commercial ones cost about 85 bucks.

Thanks.

73, Aloha
Ted Leaf, K6HI
Kona, Hawaii