[TowerTalk] Need source of steel tubing

Rick Mainhart mainhart@juno.com
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 21:31:45 -0700

Tom,

Try looking in the phone book under steel service centers (two in the
area here are O'Neal Steel and Tull Metals).

In many cases, they scrap out pieces shorter than 20' (they're called
drops), and if you talk nice to the shop supervisor, you might just pay
scrap prices for some nice stuff. If you don't need certification, often
they can TELL you the alloy and the heat number.

My brother works for one of these shops and provided most of this
information.

Hope this helps.

73,

Rick, WB3EXR