[TowerTalk] guying question

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 07:29:56 -0600

On Sun, 26 Sep 1999 07:59:56 -0400 "Barry Martz" <k8bk@speedconnect.com>
writes:

> Hi all
>

> I have a 75' rohn tower with two sets of guy wires  (73' and 37').
> Guys come off the tower for about 8' to the insulator, then about
>25' to  the  second insulator.

	Why 8 ft?  Look at your insulator to insulator distances.
	8 ft from the first insulator, 1 ft across the tower, 8 ft to
	either of the other two insulators.   17 ft total.  Makes a
	nice REFLECTOR on 10M.  The FIRST insulator needs
	to be less than 5 ft from the tower to avoid HF resonances.
	de  N4KG

> 3.  I was thinking of running about 20-30 feet of Phillystran off
> the top  and then the regular guy wire from there down.  Would
>that be  usefull or  only if I use Phillystran all the way?

   20 to 30 ft of Phillystran is a good idea.  50 ft might even be
better.
   Depends on how tall the tower is and what antennas are stacked
   below the top of the tower.  N4KG