[TowerTalk] Rotor cable terminations

n8ug@juno.com n8ug@juno.com
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 12:38:57 -0400

The current Towertalk thread is interesting and moves me to a refreshment
of the popular molded trailer-type models available. On the up-side, they
are molded, sealed, inexpensive and very rugged. They can be
weatherproofed with one turn of tape, or, with daily connect/reconnect
cycling, just a tad of silicone or white grease to ward off moisture.
They come in a wide variety of conductor counts, 6 and 8 being the most
popular, and odd gender counts are no problem. For example, one male and
two females in the shack near the control provide a quick and easy means
of disconnect from the control box and connect to a second female, all of
whose conductors are combined to ground for lightning protection.
On the down side. the conductor sizes are a bit large for some
applications, and the color schemes are not perfect, but after
installation, so what! They are not designed for bulkhead use, but can be
adapted by the use of either a plain or weatherproof romex-type panel
clamps.
They are installed by manual splicing and soldering or by using
crimp-type  butt connectors.
The basic 8 pole set #352 is under $7, 6 pole #353 is under $5. We'll
help with further info if needed.
73,

Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC, 29356
Sales (800)727-WIRE(9473) or  orders@thewireman.com
Tech help (864)895-4195 or  n8ug@thewireman.com
http://www.thewireman.com  and the WIRELINE news
and bargain page.  Our 22nd year!