[TowerTalk] Rohn 25; Ham-IV & T2X mounting

Dick Wilder (K3DI) wilder@abs.net
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 12:41:19 -0400 (EDT)

Some years ago, a friend was going to show me how to cut Rohn 25 so
that a Ham IV or T2X could be mounted inside the tower.  That was
news to me; I did not know that the trend was to cut a rung or diagonal
to allow the rotor mounting.  I had mounted the rotor inside Rohn 25
without cutting.  I just held the T2X next to where I wanted it and
easily kicked it into the space.

I've done this on two towers.  I know one is a T2X but not sure if
the second is a Ham IV or T2X. I don't know how to identifiy the
model but think they are the same size.

73, Dick Wilder, K3DI      (WA2XSY-10 on the 60 meter band.)