[TowerTalk] Rotor cable terminations

n8ug@juno.com n8ug@juno.com
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 11:14:46 -0400

It's all relative, Bob. Spliced connections are no different than coax
connections, and we waterproof both - done correctly, there is no valid
reason to question the integrity of the splice/connection with all of the
materials available to us today.
The use of a bit of grease such as silicone, lithium, or vaseline keeps
the contacts from corroding and facilitates connect/disconnect function
as well.
We have used them for over 20 years with no problems, and have sold them
for about 15 years - don't have a count handy, but it is in the
thousands.
Have never had an occasion to compare them to an AMP connector since the
choice was not needed - these always work and the price is right!
73,
PressOn Mon, 4 Oct 1999 23:15:23 -0400 "Bob Thacker" <k3gt@pgh.net>