[TowerTalk] Etiquette

Donald E. Stiles goodnews@mail.cmedic.net
Tue, 05 Oct 1999 22:45:31 -0400

Hey TT'ers,

Re: We have a WINNER!

The procedure to use the "To:" instead of the "CC:" is a not to difficult
to do.  The use of the "CC:" in any TT comment or question places an extra
burden on the Moderators of these reflectors.  I have seen the rules
posted here before, and they are very easy to get along with.   Just a
simple list of do's and don'ts.

The rules are simple to follow, and also make sense.  Just send the others
your comments et, as a "To:" in simple text format.  If you don't have the
knowledge to use your E-mail program in this manner,  read the Manual
(RTM) or help files with your browser.

For those who see this site as a tremendous resource, and don't know the
rules, look at the bottom of each message, the reflector MODERATORS
address is listed is listed for your questions.

While I am at it, Why not take the time to search the reflectors for the
subject(s) you are interested in.  Some of this same stuff is already
archived for your perusal.  Asking the same questions over and over,
especially when the data is at your finger tips, is redundant and
superfluous.  Give the Moderator a break.  Sorry, your jumping dogs and
other trick java scripts are not necessary.  Have we lost track of the
simple ASCII Text format?

Not to make you feel too bad, I received a direct request by a Moderator
to follow the outlined procedures.  This, and other reflectors, are the
greatest thing since crunchy peanut butter...  I was not offended by his
comments, nor should you be.

tnx es 73 de n8csp k