[TowerTalk] Rotor tip

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 13:19:25 EDT

In a message dated 99-10-05 13:13:34 EDT, brian_smithson@vds.com writes:

> I saw something at Home Depot called 'Electrical
>  Coating' from 3M - it comes in a can with a brush
>  attached to the lid. It is thick and golden-brown.
>  Is that similar to 'Liquid Electrical Tape'?

      It sounds like ScotchKote. While prescribed by some communications
manufacturers, it is actually designed for buried connections and doesn't
have much in the way of UV resistance. I've gone up on lots of towers where
the ScotchKote has flaked off over time. It doesn't claim to be UV resistant
I don't think whereas Liquid Electrical Tape does.

      Does anyone have longterm experience with LET? I've been using it but
don't have any longterm observations yet.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Champion Radio Products