[TowerTalk] Scotchkote question

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 18:25:26 EDT

In a message dated 99-10-05 17:11:28 EDT, n4gu@vt.edu writes:

> Is there anything to thin out an old can of Scotchkote? The last quarter or
>  so of my can is starting to get very gummy. Maybe its time to just toss it?

      Probably. If you can apply it reasonably, then keep using it until it's
gone.

      One of the biggest problems with ScotchKote is that once you've opened
it and slopped some goop on the jar threads, it's very difficult to open the
can again. The best thing to do is to put some Vaseline petroleum jelly on
the top threads and the can threads. It'll open again with a minimum of fuss.
Remember you heard it first here on TowerTalk!

Cheers,    Steve  K7LXC
Tower Tech